Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma is an undisputable guide in the empowerment and upliftment of women present across African continent. She started her career as politician and struggle activist in evidence to her brave and indestructible spirit.
She become the active member of ANC and also served as the member of South African Students Organization as well as elected as deputy president in the year 1976. She was South Africa’s Minister of Health from 1994 to 1999, under President Nelson Mandela, then “Minister of Foreign Affairs, under presidents Thabo Mbeki and Kgalema Motlanthe.
During his tenure, she actively participated in South Africa’s foreign policy that centered on promotion of collective development, peace, human rights, stability as well as advancement of this continent.
Her exceptional work for the freedom of South Africa created a better life of South Africans. She is still striving for the consolidation and development of democracy.
Clear Focus Of Dlamini-Zuma
- Dlamini-Zuma wants unity and peace, not only in South Africa but also on the whole continent.
- She mainly focuses on the skills development of youth and women.
- She had a vision that African continent must unite and should have regulations that have to be support by everybody.
- Africa must grow and accumulate wealth along with peace and prosperity and it must invest in right thing to get increased growth of the nation.
- She says, “We need to pull youths from streets and provide them skills so they can get jobs for themselves”.
- African wealth will never increase, if outsiders manage it. So, we must have control over the nation finances.
- She said, “We need to carry out trade and distribute among ourselves in Africa because it is the only continent, which distribute resources to outsiders rather than distributing among ourselves”.
Pray For ANC Leaders
She also prays for the healthy and united ANC of the state because the divided ANC is not good for the South African nation. There must be calm and peace in ANC so that, we can go ahead with struggle of leading our citizens to get better life.
We are worried about the political killings, which we are expressing so far. It is even more worried when we hear that people were been being killed for positions in public office.
Some people like Sibusiso Sithole, Richmond Municipal Manager was gunned down and a few weeks later, Deputy Mayor Thandazile Phoswa was been shot dead.
She said something needed to be done as there were people who were seeing public office as a passage to self-enrichment and were willing to kill in order to attain this.
According to the ex-AU chairperson, Government was entrust in delivering and leading services to citizens but there were difficulties, which necessitates the involvement of communities, the church and civil society.
Excessive drinking among youths, including women, increase in rape, teenage pregnancy and high level of drug abuse must be addressed.
Youngsters do not know how many of them have lost their lives in order to enjoy our rights, please teach our children the right of vote so that the country will get a good leader. She declared that the struggle would continue until all people get access to economic opportunities.