Radical economic transformation has always been the taken as a vision for the economic growth of South Africa along whilst combating the evils of Economic Inequalities and corruption. Keeping the fight on for its Implementation with immediate effect, Black First Land First (BLF) is going to hold its Radical Economic Transformation Now rally today in Thokoza. It must be noted that Black people desperately need a programme to unite them against the powers of White monopoly capital. Radical Economic Transformation (RET) can be also be said as the only solution towards uniting black people to defend their own rights. Moreover, RET has always been the propaganda of the ANC ruling government but it has always been protested by the WMC lobby and that could be the reason it is still a Long way to go for the country and its people. In the words of ANC presidential candidate Dlamini zuma, RET is the need of the hour awhile including the below key points in mind:
- Through Radical Economic transformation, a targeted intervention in the education and training system can be ensured to further equip every school with basic norms and standard to enable learning
- Resolving the Historical Injustice of land dispossession ,so that all south Africans have access to land for housing, businesses and other social infrastructure and can help grow agriculture and agro processing
- Placing growth, job creation and industrialization at the centre of our macroeconomic policies, along with the mandate of the developmental state, state owned entities, and the partnership between government, business and labor
- Having a green (environmentally sensitive) approach, with a strong emphasis on unlocking the blue economy as a part of our job creation strategy.
- For trade to succeed, the whole value chain has to be integrated seamlessly. It starts with raw materials and includes production, processing, transportation, storage and sales.
- The Role of women in the professions and management and easing their access into mainstream industries should be prioritized.
It’s worth mentioning here that while BLF is taking the march forward for the Black rights, they have further asked all it’s the True supporters of Radical economic transformation for financial assistance in regards to the huge number of participants which will be expected during the rally. As per their official statement on their website, and we quote,” As we speak, thousands of our people have confirmed attendance. We need your help. This is a call to all our people who understand the need to defend and advance Radical Economic Transformation (RET). No donation is too small. This is our struggle, let’s all make a contribution to realize RET. White monopoly capital shall never fund a programme for the liberation of black people. Let’s stand together and demand economic liberation now. RET is land expropriation without compensation now!”They further added that “The mass of our people have responded in great numbers to the Black First Land First (BLF) Radical Economic Transformation (RET) rally tomorrow. BLF has called all progressive people and organizations to meet in Thokoza at Sam Ntuli Stadium in support of the Radical Economic Transformation agenda.”